Sustainable Growth Coalition
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Transitioning to a clean-energy economy.
- Improving materials flows.
- Protecting resources.
- Improving water quality, quantity and access.
The Sustainable Growth Coalition is uncovering business growth opportunities, driving innovation, and promoting thriving communities and regions.
Over 20 businesses and organizations form the Sustainable Growth Coalition, a business led partnership harnessing their expertise to equitably advance the next frontier of corporate sustainability—the circular economy, where all energy is renewable, waste is eliminated, and natural resources are protected and preserved. Individually, each organization is committed to sustainability, and recognize that together they can have a larger, societal impact on their operations, industries, environment, and community.
A Bit More About Us
Environmental Initiative convenes and provides staff support for the Sustainable Growth Coalition. The Sustainable Growth Coalition meets quarterly and members:
- Participate in one of two project teams:
- Environmental Justice Key Performance Indicators: Members are working to place a quantitative value on environmental justice performance and create a consistent measurement system for businesses to use.
- Minnesota Climate Action Framework: Members are exploring ways to integrate business input into the implementation of the Minnesota Climate Action Framework.
- Co-develop initiatives and projects to solve environmental challenges in business.
- Lead best practices Learning Labs highlighting sustainability successes and barriers.
Learn more about the Coalition’s 2022 accomplishments and 2023 goals →
The case studies in the Circularity Toolkit highlight successful organizations which understand that no problem is isolated, comprehensive solutions mitigate risks, and action builds more resilient economies.
Leading businesses and organizations are capturing value by turning corporate properties and potentially under-valued landscapes into productive, biologically diverse areas.
Sustainable Growth Coalition member C.H. Robinson’s recent efforts include Emissions IQ to help customers track their supply chain's transportation emissions and carbon footprint.
At HealthPartners, the secret sauce for achieving circularity is in senior leadership support, strategic partnerships, accountability, and a strong connection to its mission.
Recent Blog Posts
A recent study revealed that embodied carbon – the emissions generated from the raw material extraction, manufacturing, transportation, construction and disposal of building materials – accounts for roughly 11% of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Practitioners in the building industry are…
The use of offices and corporate campuses has changed considerably over the past three years. How are sustainability programs adapting? Allison Egan, HealthPartners; Marc Olson, Allianz Life; and Fred Rozumalski, Barr Engineering share their perspective and experiences.
More than ever before companies are driven to make meaningful, positive impacts to address complex environmental and social issues across the globe.
Contact our team members to learn how your organization can participate in the Sustainable Growth Coalition.