Sustainable Growth Coalition
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Transitioning to a clean-energy economy.
- Improving materials flows.
- Protecting resources.
- Improving water quality, quantity and access.
The Sustainable Growth Coalition is uncovering business growth opportunities, driving innovation, and promoting thriving communities and regions.
Over 20 businesses and organizations form the Sustainable Growth Coalition, a business led partnership harnessing their expertise to equitably advance the next frontier of corporate sustainability—the circular economy, where all energy is renewable, waste is eliminated, and natural resources are protected and preserved. Individually, each organization is committed to sustainability, and recognize that together they can have a larger, societal impact on their operations, industries, environment, and community.
A Bit More About Us
Environmental Initiative convenes and provides staff support for the Sustainable Growth Coalition. The Sustainable Growth Coalition meets quarterly and members:
- Participate in one of three project teams:
- Environmental Justice Key Performance Indicators: Members are working to place a quantitative value on environmental justice performance and create a consistent measurement system for businesses to use.
- Electric Vehicle Transition Planning: Members are convening conversations to discuss how organizations are navigating the transition to electric vehicles in their fleets and supply chains.
- Minnesota Climate Action Framework: Members are exploring ways to integrate business input into the implementation of the Minnesota Climate Action Framework.
- Co-develop initiatives and projects to solve environmental challenges in business.
- Lead best practices Learning Labs highlighting sustainability successes and barriers.
Learn more about the Coalition’s 2022 accomplishments and 2023 goals →
- Brittany Brama, C.H. Robinson
- Hugh Cherne, Best Buy
- Alissa Dienhart Lawler, Stantec
- Jeff Standish, University of Minnesota
Join us as a member
Leading Minnesota businesses and organizations are invited to submit a membership application for review and consideration. Additional information about the Sustainable Growth Coalition is available in the charter and executive summary.
The case studies in the Circularity Toolkit highlight successful organizations which understand that no problem is isolated, comprehensive solutions mitigate risks, and action builds more resilient economies.
Corporate Guide to Sustainable Landscaping
Leading businesses and organizations are capturing value by turning corporate properties and potentially under-valued landscapes into productive, biologically diverse areas.
C.H Robinson: Calculating carbon emissions for sustainable supply chains
Sustainable Growth Coalition member C.H. Robinson’s recent efforts include Emissions IQ to help customers track their supply chain's transportation emissions and carbon footprint.
HealthPartners: Promoting circularity and building a business case
At HealthPartners, the secret sauce for achieving circularity is in senior leadership support, strategic partnerships, accountability, and a strong connection to its mission.
Recent Blog Posts
Incubating corporate innovation in 2022 and beyond
The Sustainable Growth Coalition shares what they accomplished in 2022 and what they have planned for 2023.
Our role in Minnesota’s Climate Action Framework
The Walz Administration has released their Climate Action Framework, a vision for how Minnesota will address and prepare for climate change. Mike Harley shares examples of Environmental Initiative's commitments to collaborative action.
Moving towards a circular economy
As more waste continues to be generated using limited natural resources, companies are working to break this linear waste stream and keep materials in use after a product’s lifespan by advancing a circular economy.
More than ever before companies are driven to make meaningful, positive impacts to address complex environmental and social issues across the globe.
Contact our team members to learn how your organization can participate in the Sustainable Growth Coalition.