Social Media Policy
Environmental Initiative maintains and moderates social media accounts to share information with our partners, funders, and the general public. As part of our effort to be a transparent, diverse, and inclusive organization, we encourage you to engage with us. Your participation, insights, and questions help us build stronger relationships and partnerships to foster an inclusive, just, and thriving world for all beings.
Our social media pages are considered a moderated discussion and not a public forum. In the spirit of collaboration and community, we reserve the right to hide or delete comments as well as block users who engage in:
- Profanity or hate speech.
- Personal attacks of any kind.
- Advertisements or solicitation.
- Promotion of illegal activity.
- Comments that are clearly off topic in response to a particular post.
- Persistent trolling, flaming behaviors, or other comments made with the intention to provoke an argument.
Environmental Initiative may also block users and delete comments if online criticism persists following efforts to engage a user(s) in constructive dialogue in direct message, email, phone calls, or other offline spaces. If a user refuses to engage with us in those spaces, Environmental Initiative may choose to block the user.
Comments are welcome at any time, however, Environmental Initiative’s pages are typically monitored only during standard business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.