- This event has passed.
Local Leadership, Local Action: A Climate Change Conversation
December 16, 2021 @ 9:00 am
Climate change policy in 2021 has been punctuated by the United Nation’s International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report raising alarm bells and the newly reached global climate agreement at COP26. While the deal reached in Glasgow includes several important developments, many say leaders have failed to meet the urgency of the moment – both in terms of emissions reductions and climate justice.
Despite ongoing global challenges, progress is being made locally to address the climate crisis. As changes at the Minnesota state level to incorporate climate change into environmental review begin, leaders will share their work to proactively incorporate climate change mitigation and adaptation into the planning and implementation of local projects.
Join us on December 16 for a conversation about how local climate action is cause for hope as we collectively work to move from climate pledges to acting for a just and thriving world. Presenters will address:
- Local climate initiatives at the intersection of equity.
- Challenges and barriers faced by local government to implement climate initiatives that impact and influence state-wide initiatives.
- How to support the climate change work of suburban, greater Minnesota, and tribal governments.
- Adri Arquin – Youth Member, Saint Paul Climate Justice Advisory Board
- Robert Blake – Founder and CEO, Solar Bear
- Kevin Bright – Energy and Sustainability Director, Destination Medical Center Economic Development Agency and City of Rochester
- Dan Katzenberger – Member, Eden Prairie Sustainability Commission
- Jamez Staples – President and CEO, Renewable Energy Partners