- This event has passed.
Insights & Impact: 2023 Legislative Preview
February 10 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Registration is $50 and the event can be attended virtually or in person. Registration for the Legislative Preview closed Feb. 9. If you would still like to attend, registration will be available at the door. Cash is preferred for in-person registration. If cost is a barrier, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Geissinger, we have no-cost tickets available.
Questions? Contact Rachel Geissinger at 612-334-338 ext. 8122.
Over the past several years, Environmental Initiative has worked to put equity and environmental health at the core of our mission. We’ve redesigned our Legislative Preview to center leaders from communities disproportionately affected by pollution, climate change, and other environmental challenges.
We will host two panel discussions, one with individuals representing rural, Indigenous, and urban BIPOC perspectives and the second with legislators representing these most-impacted communities.
Join us to explore:
- Environmental issues and policies of highest concern for most-impacted communities.
- How legislators are engaging impacted communities in policy design and decision-making.
- Opportunities for meaningful collaboration and engagement to advance policies and initiatives around critical environmental issues facing marginalized Minnesotans.
- Moderator: Terri Thao, Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies
- Sen. Aric Putnam (14, DFL)
- Channon Lemon, Intent Energy, LLC
- Rep. Fue Lee (59A, DFL)
- James Trice, Public Policy Project and Environmental Justice Coordinating Council
- Kelsey Love-Zaavedra, Heirloomista
- Rep. Kristi Pursell (58A, DFL)
- Sen. Nick Frentz (18, DFL)
- Robert Blake, Solar Bear
- Whitney Terrill, Sierra Club