- This event has passed.
Insights and Impact Forum: Electrification and Equity
March 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Minnesota is in the process of electrification – replacing technologies that use fossil fuels (coal, oil, and natural gas) with those that are powered by electricity.
As part of a two-year process to engage stakeholders on the challenges and opportunities of electrification, the Minnesota Department of Commerce (DOC) commissioned a series of white-papers to develop policy analysis and policy recommendations for electrification related to equity, housing, transportation, and working in partnership with Tribal Nations.
Join Environmental Initiative to engage with DOC staff and white-paper authors about:
- Policy, economic, and societal barriers to equitable electrification and how they can be addressed.
- Ways we can work across sectors and across differences to equitably advance electrification and decarbonization of the economy.
- Recent policy progress made on electrification, including the “Energy Conservation and Optimization Act” (ECO Act).
- Next steps and near-term priorities for electrification policy and program development in Minnesota.
- Anthony Fryer, Conservation Improvement Program Supervisor, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Maddie Wazowicz, Policy Manager, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Mari Ojeda, Policy Associate, Energy Access and Equity, Fresh Energy
- Kevin Lawless, Principal, The Forward Curve, Board Chair, Hourcar
- Winona LaDuke, Executive Director, Honor the Earth
Registration for this event is free and is open to everyone. A suggested donation of $30 offsets associated costs.
The virtual event will take place on Crowdcast with networking to follow on Gather.town.
Questions? Contact Rachel Geissinger at 612-334-3388 ext. 8122.
- Electrification of Multifamily Housing in Minnesota – Mari Ojeda (Fresh Energy), Ben Passer (Fresh Energy), Katherine Teiken, Maddie Wazowicz (MEEA)
- Equity Considerations in Minnesota’s Electrification Policies – Maddie Wazowicz (MEEA)
- Rural Electrification and Indigenous Nations of the North Country –Matt Grimley, Winona LaDuke (Honor the Earth), Pam Fairbanks (Honor the Earth)
- Integration of Electric Transportation and CIP: A Roadmap – Kevin Lawless (The Forward Curve)
- Electrification Action Plan – Carl Samuelson (Michaels Energy), Andrea Salazar (Michaels Energy)