- This event has passed.
A Living Systems Approach to Sustainability at the Metropolitan Airports Commission
March 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
In early 2020, The Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC)’s board adopted 2030 sustainability goals to reduce emissions, decrease water use, divert more of its waste stream, and increase employee engagement related to sustainability. In developing these goals and the implementation plans to advance them, MAC embraced a “living systems” approach to sustainability. What have they learned by using nature as a source of inspiration to guide their work?
Join sustainability, engagement, and change management experts to learn more about how the MAC has looked to nature to inform development and implementation of their sustainability program.
- Naomi Pesky, Vice President, Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement, Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Kathleen Allen, Author and Principal, Kathleen Allen & Associates
- Daniel Lawse, Principal and Chief Century Thinker, Verdis Group
- Mike Harley, Executive Director, Environmental Initiative (moderator)
- Leading from the Roots: Nature-Inspired Leadership Lessons for Today’s World, Dr. Kathleen E. Allen. (2021).