Recap of the 2022 Legislative Preview
We gathered virtually on January 28 for our annual Legislative Preview to hear from a bipartisan panel of legislative leaders about their environmental priorities for the 2022 legislative session. Legislators discussed the environmental issues and policies likely to be addressed in this session, as well as the ways they are approaching policy design to engage front-line communities in decision-making.
Some highlights from the preview:
- With a historic $7.75 billion surplus, the House Climate Action Caucus is looking to pass the $1 billion Climate Action Plan.
- The Senate and the House will be working on a bonding bill that could fund waste water treatment, transit, and much more.
- Navigating COVID-19 has had an impact on public engagement, and legislators encourage constituents to come make their voices heard.
- Chelsea Thompson, Senior Account Director, K2 & Co (moderator)
- Representative Jamie Long (DFL), 61B
- Representative Rick Hansen (DFL), 52A
- Senator David Senjem (R), 25
- Minnesota State Legislature Bills
- Minnesota House of Representatives Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee
- Minnesota State Senate Energy and Utilities Finance and Policy Committee
Thank you Dorsey & Whitney, LLP and Stantec for sponsoring the Legislative Preview series and Larkin Hoffman for being the 2022 lead event sponsor. Thank you also to Great River Energy, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, and Minnesota Power for supporting sponsorship of this event.