Environmental Initiative is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator to help raise the organization’s profile and influence by executing communications strategies and tactics on our website, blog, email, and social media platforms. The Communications Coordinator will work closely with and report to Environmental Initiative’s Director, Digital Strategy and Engagement.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, editor, and communicator committed to Environmental Initiative’s mission to catalyze collaboration across perspectives, power, and systems for social equity and environmental health. The Communications Coordinator will have the opportunity to work across a range of environmental issues through Environmental Initiative’s portfolio of projects and programs. Learn more about our work.
Environmental Initiative is committed to the professional growth and development of all staff members. We invite all staff members to develop the skills required to work across differences in identity, interest, lived experience and power. We expect that all staff members will do their part to help implement the organization’s strategic plan, in addition to prioritizing the needs of their specific areas of work.
- Curate, write, and post content to Environmental Initiative’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Manage relationships and interactions across Environmental Initiative’s social networks.
- Develop graphics and digital content, ensuring consistency and strategic alignment with Environmental Initiative and program brands.
- Collect, synthesize, and apply social and web analytics to create effective strategies and campaigns.
- Assist with management of Environmental Initiative’s website and blog including writing, editing, posting, and recruiting guest blog authors.
- Assist with writing, editing, and formatting of marketing emails and website language for Environmental Initiative events. Assist with partner outreach and event cross-promotion activities for Environmental Initiative events.
- Draft and edit materials that support Environmental Initiative’s projects and programs as needed. This may include media releases, newsletter content, presentations, spoken remarks, or other print and digital content.
- Assist with management of multiple editorial calendars.
- Collaborate with Environmental Initiative’s advancement team to manage data and email distribution lists in our CRM and email marketing platforms for fundraising, events, projects, and programs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least two years of experience providing communications coordination or support in a professional or volunteer setting.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and applications.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Experience with content management systems, especially WordPress.
- Experience or familiarity with constituent relationship management (CRM) and email marketing platforms, especially NEON CRM and MailChimp.
- Capable of working in an environment requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Experience successfully supporting fundraising efforts through communications.
- Ability to build relationships with organizational leadership, board, staff, and external partners.
- Proficiency with Mac computer systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
Candidates from Minnesota and across the United States are encouraged to apply. The person in the position is expected to be physically present for certain in-person meetings or events with Environmental Initiative providing reimbursement for required travel expenses. Occasional lifting, moving, or transporting materials or equipment weighing up to 30 pounds may be required.
All Environmental Initiative employees are required to either provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or provide proof of weekly COVID-19 testing. Regular communication with Environmental Initiative staff, contractors, and partners via email, phone, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams is expected.
This is a full-time position anticipated to start in January 2022 with an annual starting salary range of $40,000 – $45,000.
Environmental Initiative offers a flexible benefits package to all employees, including a group health care plan, dental insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a 403(b)-matching program. Environmental Initiative also embraces a flexible working environment, with the option to work remotely and determine a regular work schedule that accommodates individual staff members’ needs and preferences.
How to Apply
Complete our short online application form to upload your resume and up to three work samples.
Work samples may include: social media posts, blog posts, media releases, website copy, fliers, rack cards, or a short 1-2 page paper. Work samples must be combined into one PDF file. Any applications with more than three work samples will not be considered.
Applications submitted by Monday, December 6, 2021, will receive primary consideration, and the position will remain open until filled.