Call for Artists
Are you an artist, creator, community-builder, or engagement specialist? Would you like to design and lead collective action around drinking water through creative engagement or public art in a Minnesota community?
We are accepting applications for an individual or team creative engagement specialist or artist-in-residence. The chosen individual or team will work for up to 20 hours per week for 10 months in 2023 with the Source Water Protection Collaborative and one of the following Minnesota communities selected by the artist: Chatfield, Fairmont, or Little Falls. You will retain copyright of your creative work.
Review the full proposal (PDF) which includes the following information:
- Project background and structure
- Residency tasks
- Selection criteria and process
Attend a Zoom Open House for more information about the call for artists.
Thursday, Dec. 15
- Foster deep community engagement.
- Build relationships and trust among stakeholders.
- Increase engagement related to impacts on drinking water.
- Videographer and photographer.
- Connections to state and local agency water-focused technical and outreach staff.
- Training and capacity-building opportunities.
- Support finding housing within the host community, if needed.
- Opportunities to attend or present work at water-related conferences and events.
$45,000 stipend and an additional $15,000 for project implementation costs.