With 2020 in our rearview mirrors but informing our future, I offer my sincere gratitude to each of you for your generous support of Environmental Initiative during a year none of us could have imagined. Your support allowed us flexibility as we adapted events, expanded programs, and began implementing our new strategic plan.
As the gradual reopening begins and our communities grapple with the deeply troubling realities of economic, racial, and environmental injustices, we have hope. The recent Awards celebration embodied that hope: good people doing the hard work of creating a just and healthy society for all.
We continue holding the health and safety of those most vulnerable among us as a priority. This value means much of our work remains virtual, but we are venturing out with caution to deepen existing or invite new relationships. We are proud of our work in the first few months of 2021.
- In-person visits to eligible business owners for the Clean Air Assistance Project are underway in Ramsey County, Minn.
- The Headwaters Agriculture Sustainability Partnership completed a report highlighting economic and agricultural return on investment for three dairy and crop farmers in Stearns County, Minn.
- Our annual Awards celebration was reimagined by offering 30-minute, interactive sessions with each winner, including exceptional playlists to keep the celebratory vibe, and adding games to the social hour at the end of the day’s virtual events.
- The virtual Policy Forum Series will reintegrate networking time before and after the thought-provoking panels through a fun, interactive platform.
- New members have joined the Sustainable Growth Coalition and Midwest Row Crop Collaborative.
- A second event for the Executive Network series was developed.
For inspiration we need only to look to our rural partners transitioning agricultural practices and installing clean diesel, to our Sustainable Growth Coalition members exploring the intersection of equity and sustainability, to our Midwest Row Crop Collaborative members accelerating regenerative agricultural practices, and to our Clean Air Minnesota partners working across the state to monitor air quality, swap stoves, and replace old exhaust systems in cars.
Your continued financial support is our foundation and demonstrates your commitment to our mission and vision. The greatest benefit of offering financial support is knowing you are helping Environmental Initiative build a more equitable and healthier society through our programs, projects, and events. Offering financial support as an individual is as easy as a click and a few minutes of your time. If you would like to discuss organizational memberships, workplace giving, event sponsorship, or direct project support, I welcome that conversation.
I am always happy to talk about your suggestions, questions or hopes for our work. Send me an email and we can set up a time to talk. Thank you for being an important part of Environmental Initiative.