Join Environmental Initiative and leaders from the Walz Administration to discuss their environmental priorities for this session and how they will be integrating the Walz Administration’s commitment to equity into their work.
The Walz Administration has made addressing racial and economic disparities a central part of their “One Minnesota” platform. “One Minnesota” envisions a state where “people whose lives are most impacted by public policy choices have a seat at the table,” and policies are designed to “protect our environment, invest in renewable energy and jobs, and maintain our roads, bridges, and transit across the state.”
This event will:
- Address the relationship between equity, environmental policy, and regulation
- Highlight the top policy priorities of new Commissioners and members of their staff
- Discuss opportunities to advance equity, inclusion, and environmental protection
WHAT TO EXPECT
“Equity and the Environment in the Walz Administration” will be an opportunity for those across the environmental community to hear from the Walz Administration and make connections between social equity and environmental policy and regulation. We have invited Commissioners and members of their staff from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Department of Commerce, Minnesota Department of Health, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to discuss specific priorities for their departments. For more information on what to expect, please read more about our policy forum series.
We will be joined by the following Commissioners and their staff members for a conversation on specific policy priorities:
- Commissioner Laura Bishop, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Commissioner Steve Kelley, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Commissioner Jan Malcolm, Minnesota Department of Health
- Commissioner Thom Petersen, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Commissioner Sarah Strommen, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- More to be announced
If you are interested in this event, registration is open through Tuesday, September 3 at 5:00 p.m.