How To Apply
Complete our short online application form to upload your resume.
Applications submitted by Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, will receive primary consideration, and the position will remain open until filled.
The Project Coordinator works across a range of Environmental Initiative projects and programs to support project implementation, assist with project management, and support project teams. This position will support projects that foster collaboration in partnerships across various issue areas and with business, government, nonprofit partners and representatives from communities most impacted by environmental injustice. This role collaborates closely with a variety of Environmental Initiative team members, sometimes directing the work of other staff on project tasks and playing a leadership role engaging partners.
Environmental Initiative is committed to the professional growth and development of all staff members. We invite all staff members to develop the skills required to work across differences in identity, interest, lived experience and power. We expect that all staff members will do their part to help implement the organization’s strategic plan, in addition to prioritizing the needs of their specific areas of work.
- Engage business, government, nonprofit, and community-based partners, and other key stakeholders externally, and correspond with partners in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster connections and relationships between projects and organizational efforts.
- Provide administrative management, coordination, and other project implementation support as a member of multiple project teams at any given time.
- Assist in building workplans and driving toward deadlines across a range of environmental issues. Visit our website to learn more about our work.
- Implement project communications with an emphasis on the creative use of technology to promote opportunities to engage with Environmental Initiative’s work and our partners.
- Coordinate with project partners to measure and communicate project results, activities, or outcomes through case-studies or data-driven research and analysis.
- Write and edit project communications materials including website copy, blog posts, presentations, media releases, and reporting documents.
- Assist in scheduling, planning, and preparing for smooth execution of meetings, events, and gatherings.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Highly organized, attention to detail.
- Strong writer and communicator.
- Interest or experience with stakeholder and community engagement.
- Comfortable with virtual convening platforms and willing to learn how to best utilize platforms and technology (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Jamboard, Basecamp, Mural, Miro, Canva, etc.)
- Self-directed and ready to explore complex, dynamic, and innovative approaches to convening and collaboration.
- Capable of working in an environment requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Ability to build relationships with organizational leadership, board, staff, and external partners.
- Proficiency with Mac computer systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
Candidates from Minnesota and across the United States are encouraged to apply. The person in the position is expected to be physically present for certain in-person meetings or events with Environmental Initiative providing reimbursement for required travel expenses. Occasional lifting, moving, or transporting materials or equipment weighing up to 30 pounds may be required.
All Environmental Initiative employees are required to either provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or provide proof of weekly COVID-19 testing. Regular communication with Environmental Initiative staff, contractors, and partners via email, phone, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams is expected.
This is a full-time position anticipated to start in January 2022 with an annual starting salary in the range of $40,000 – $45,000.
Environmental Initiative offers a flexible benefits package to all employees, including a group health care plan, dental insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a 403(b)-matching program. Environmental Initiative also embraces a flexible working environment, with the option to work remotely and determine a regular work schedule that accommodates individual staff members’ needs and preferences.