ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATiVE AWARDS: 2017 guidelines and eligibility
The Environmental Initiative Awards annually recognize partnership-based projects that have achieved extraordinary environmental outcomes. This year, nominations were accepted for both outstanding environmental projects and individual leaders who have utilized collaboration to solve problems.
PROJECT NOMINATION GUIDELINES
- A partnership-based project refers to any two or more entities working collaboratively on a project with shared goals and outcomes. Entities could include government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, private companies, community groups and/or individuals.
- Projects that have received significant financial resources or staff time from Environmental Initiative are not eligible for an award.
- The project is either ongoing or the date of project completion is in the last two years.
- The project, even if ongoing, has demonstrated concrete results and outcomes in relation to the project goals.
- The project has taken place and has demonstrated outcomes in Minnesota.
- The project nomination is submitted in English.
- If two or more nominations for the same project are received, judges will evaluate only the nomination that was received first. It is the nominator’s responsibility to communicate with other project partners to ensure the submission of a single, comprehensive project nomination.
- Only the information submitted via the nomination form will be used to evaluate project nominations. No supporting material (photos, videos, etc.) will be shared with judges.
GUIDELINES FOR INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
- Individuals nominated for the Emerging Leader award must be under the age of 40.
- Individuals nominated for the Critical Collaborator award must be over the age of 50.
- Individuals nominated for either award have demonstrated leadership and environmental outcomes in Minnesota.
- Nominations are submitted in English.
- Only the information submitted via the nomination form will be used to evaluate individual award nominations.
Winners in each category will be honored and presented at the dinner and celebration on Thursday, May 25 at Nicollet Island Pavilion. Registration to attend the event will open in mid-March.
Contact Damian Goebel at 612-334-3388 ext. 8106 with questions or to learn more.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Registration & reception
5:45 - 8:00 p.m. Dinner & program
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Dessert & reception
Nicollet Island Pavilion
40 Power Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
25th Anniversary Sponsors
Energy and Climate
G & K Services