All of us contribute to air pollution – and we need many solutions to improve our air quality and keep it clean over time. Research tells us that the greatest potential for future emissions reductions will be from small businesses, fleets, and individuals. Minnesota’s dispersed and diverse air quality challenges require collaborative solutions.
For more than a decade, Environmental Initiative has convened leaders from businesses, environmental groups, and government agencies to work together to keep Minnesota’s air healthy.
Our air program staff members are competent conveners and project managers with deep issue expertise in air quality challenges and public policy. Through our clean air program we:
- Convene Clean Air Minnesota, the state’s ongoing public-private partnership for voluntary emissions reductions.
- Manage Project Green Fleet, a statewide effort to reduce emissions from diesel construction fleets, heavy-duty vehicles, and school buses.
- Provide outreach to small businesses and connect them through the Clean Air Assistance Project.
- Coordinate Project Stove Swap, a voluntary wood-stove change out program in Northeastern Minnesota to reduce emissions from wood burning stoves and heaters.
- Administer the High Emitting Vehicles Pilot, a project focused on repairing vehicles from lower-income residents in the Twin Cities to be more fuel and emission efficient.
Contact Bill Droessler at 612-334-3388 ext. 8105 with questions or to learn more.