business and environment series: Sustainability Storytelling: going beyond the report
about the program
Everyone loves a good story. It’s part of who we are, how we share knowledge, and how we relate to one another. Sustainability reports are chock-full of data, statistics, successes, and opportunities for improvement. Consumers and employees are increasingly interested in learning how companies are addressing their social and environmental impacts, but research shows that corporate sustainability reports alone are not enough.
Participants in this session:
- Explored why sharing sustainability stories can be a smart business strategy
- Were provided with a few tools and takeaways to engage their audiences.
- Heard from businesses who’ve had success (and from some that adjusted when things didn’t go as planned).
- Had important conversations about going beyond sustainability reporting to craft compelling sustainability stories that connect and resonate with key audiences.
- Arlene Birt, Chief Visual Storyteller and Information Designer - Background Stories
- Mel Meegan, Director of Marketing - Peace Coffee
- Annie Perkins, Sustainability Analyst - Andersen Corporation
- Kate Lilja Lohnes, Senior Public Relations Consultant - Lilja Communications