BUSINESS & ENVIRONMENT SERIES: Sustainable workplaces: Good for people, planet & profit
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We know why sustainability is good for your bottom line. Conserving energy and water, or recycling material waste, are just a few examples of increasing efficiency in your operations. But environmental sustainability can have major implications for employee health, wellness, and productivity— especially when talking about the buildings we work in day in and day out.
Incorporating sustainable practices in the built environment can positively impact employee well-being and job satisfaction, helping your business attract and retain talent. This event highlighted how businesses are improving their built environments, and the tools needed to adapt. Speakers and participants in this two hour session investigated:
- What are the current ways employers are integrating sustainability into their built environments?
- How can these sustainability initiatives positively impact employee well-being, productivity, and job satisfaction?
- How do healthy, sustainable environments attract and retain talent?
- How can organizations grow and adapt to the needed environments of their workforce? What role does sustainability play in these efforts?
- Becky Alexander, Architect and Researcher, LHB, Inc.
- Janet Olson, Property Portfolio Manager, Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
For questions about the program, contact Sam Hanson at 612-334-3388 ext. 8111.